The Avengers face-off with Dracula and his vampire army after Dracula had partially converted Black Widow into a vampire. It's a race against time to stop Black Widow from becoming a full vampiress.
A squad of vampires attack the Avengers at the Avengers Tower, and are defeated, with the Avengers capturing their leader – who turns out to be a vampire Black Widow. Through the Black Widow, the Avengers are offered a deal from Dracula, King of the Vampires he will trade the Black Widow for Captain America. The Black Widow had traced the Red Skull to Transylvania, where she was captured and turned by Dracula. Captain America tells the Avengers that the only way to save her is to destroy the vampire who bit her. Iron Man starts a scientific analysis of the Black Widow, in hopes to find a cure for her condition.
On the way to Transylvania, Captain America loads silver-plated strike discs into his belt pouches while recounting that Dracula was an uneasy ally of the Allies in World War II, as the Allies helped him keep Transylvania free from the Nazi oppression. The Avengers land outside of Dracula’s castle, which is under a spell which makes it always night. They fight vampires and Dracula, and then split into three groups Thor and Hulk guard the entrance, Iron Man continues to try and find a cure, and the rest enter Castle Dracula to rescue the Black Widow.
Dracula captures Hawkeye and Falcon, and uses them to force Captain America’s surrender. Dracula reveals that the Red Skull has told him that Captain America’s blood, with the Super-Soldier Formula, will make Dracula immune to sunlight. Before he can harm Captain America, other Avengers attack. The Hulk is bitten by Dracula. Hulk becomes a minion vampire under Dracula’s control, and Dracula becomes Hulk-like. Ordering the Hulk to destroy the Avengers, Dracula grabs Captain America once more, but the gamma-irradiated blood from the Hulk incapacitates him.
Gamma-irradiated blood has an effect on Dracula similar to sunlight. Iron Man postulates that if they make the Hulk angry enough, his own gamma-blood will rid him of the vampiric infestation. The Avengers proceed to attack the vampire Hulk, burning out the vampire blood elements. Dracula, weakened, escapes to heal from the damage the gamma-irradiated blood did to him. Castle Dracula is destroyed, and the Avengers fly off in the Aven-Jet Prime.
Iron Man uses gamma-irradiated blood to help cure the Black Widow, who remembers nothing after being bitten by Dracula.
- Written by:
- Man of Action, Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt
- Directed by:
- Jeff Allen
- Iron Man: This is a synthesized version of Hulk's blood. It will burn out the vampire virus and cure her.
- Hawkeye: No chance she'll, you know, turn green or something?
- Falcon: Of course not. Right, Tony?
- Iron Man: Right. I mean, probably not, no. Hopefully not. I don't know. Let's find out. (Injects her with synthesized version of Hulk's blood and kills the vampire virus)
- (Transformed back into Black Widow and woke up)
- Black Widow: (Moans) Where am I?
- Hawkeye: It's kind of a long story.
- Black Widow: I remember Red Skull and Dracula, he bit (gasps) am I a vampire?
- Iron Man: You got better.
- Black Widow: (sniffs) What is that awful smell?
- Hawkeye: Just in case Stark's Tech wasn't as good as he thought it was.
- Black Widow: Do you have a wooden stake ready too, just in case?
- Hawkeye: (chuckles nervously after he hides a wooden stake behind his back) What do you take me for?
- Hulk seemed to get bigger and have a higher baseline strength when he was bitten.
- According to Iron Man, Dracula's vampire minions were some form of bio-tech.
- This episode reveals that the gamma radiation in Hulk's blood can harm Dracula and other vampires.