The Midgard Serpent
|Chronological and political information|
Doctor Doom (formally)
The Midgard Serpent is a powerful extra-dimensional serpent being living beneath the ground of Midgard.
After retrieving the Codgel, Doctor Doom with a little modification uses the weapon to release the Midgard Serpent with hopes of using it to conquer the entire globe. The creature proves too powerful and would continue to grow in size till it had consumed the Earth. After a battle with the Avengers, he and the creature are banished to the Realm Below using the extra-dimensional portal used by Ulik. It wasn't till after their eventual Banishment to the asgardian underworld, home to the rock trolls. Then Doom eventually truly gained unparalleled mastery over the Midgard Serpent, utilizing the magical gemstones grown within Helheim's caverns. Doom had fashioned them into a crown & harness combination to control and guide the Serpents actions by force of will. Even keeping it in a sort of guardian setting while during out of body experiences, at least until the chaplet was lost in lava.
Powers and Abilities
The serpent possesses tremendous physical capabilities even by the standards of creatures it's size and mass.
- Superhuman Strength: Jormungand has proven his mettle in physical contests; being able to match and outright best the likes of Iron Man, Thor and even the Incredible Hulk. Knocking the latter clean out and clear across new york to midtown in one blow.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Size Alteration: Over time the serpent would grow bigger and stronger practically doubling to tripling in length till it was large enough to swallow planets whole.
- Fire and Poison Generations
- Illusion Projection
- Claws and Fangs:
Season Three: Ultron Revolution
- The creature's original name is Jörmungandr in the original myths. (pronounced Your-muhn-gun-dar)
- In original Norse myth Jörmungandr is the son of Loki and brother of Fenrir, Hela and Sleipnir.